Welcome to the SecurityisFutile blog

I welcome comments and suggestions, I take criticism very lightly (at least most of the time). My goal for this blog is to document various experiments and research projects I feel are both relevant and prominent in the field of computer security (or lack there of) and share my results and experiences with other fellow computer security enthusiests. Most of my topics are based soley on open source technology and methodology, mostly due to availability and cost. I believe that effective security measures help keep people honest with their technology, for the most part. Security is futile (usless) or at least it feels that way when an inspired opportunist comes around and exploits your weaknesses. With that being said I leave you with a quote of inspiration; There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.-- General Douglas MacArthur

Monday, November 16, 2009

NMAP XML Parser

Recently I took on the challenge to write my own python DOM parser ,to take the output of an NMAP SYN scan and parse the results into a database of choice, like MySQL. After doing some preliminary checking of what is already out on the web I came across a tool developed by http://www.tssci-security.com that will handle just what I was looking for. Once you make some tweaks to the code to parse out the "ipaddr" for both the MAC and the IP addresses the python script "nmapxmlparse.py" works like a champ! It outputs the NMAP xml formated file into a ingestable .csv file, which can then be scripted to insert into your MySQL tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment